This is 3 hours online training program specially covering how a chemist should be oriented towards lab to scale up or kilo lab.
This course is suitable for BSc Chemistry / MSc Chemistry / PhD Chemistry / Post Doc / BPharm / BSc / MPharm / MSc Students and professionals who want to acquire knowledge of lab to scale up.
Organic Synthesis: Lab to Scale Up
- Need for fore sighting the challenges of scale-up organic synthesis
- Factors to fore sight for lab scale to kilo scale. (This series will focus on the issues related to laboratory only)
- Physical parameters (e.g. Stirring effect, Reactants phases, homogeneity of reaction mixture, catalyst phases etc.)
- Thermodynamic aspects (Enthalpy of reaction, heat exchange and predicting possibility of run-away reaction, measures to take under such conditions)
- Safety of the reaction (human safety, environmental safety, product safety)
- Case Study 1 (Guided study of chemical scale up challenge and questionnaires)
- Case Study 2 (Problem based study of chemical challenge, student will be asked to have a written approach and then at the end the solution for the same will be provided by the instructor)
- Examination* based on MCQ and theoretical modeling of scale-up challenge with systematic approach.